Mark has now kindly provided his slides and source code. Thes can be downloaded here.
March 26th at Salem Chapel, Leeds
March's NodeUpNorth meeting delves into the possibilities of using Node.js for game creation.
In this month's presentation we're joined, once more, by Mark Ibbotson and he'll be running through various aspects of gaming with Node.
Mark will examine the basics of gaming with Node along with considerations as the complexity of your games increase.
His session will cover:
- Introduction to HTML5 canvas
- Basic shapes and moving them with user input
- Demo-ing some canvas experiments
- Adding extra users to interact on the canvas
- Managing the flow with Node.js and socket.io (basic pong game)
- Calculations and rendering shapes
- Demo-ing a more advanced multiplayer game (2+ people space shooter) and some of the gotcha's encountered therein
- Introduction to more advanced systems like webGL and three.js
- Where you can go from 2d games.
From 7pm on Wednesday 26th March 2014
aql, Salem Chapel, 11-15 Hunslet Road, LS10 1JQ
Simply RSVP on our Meetup page.
This event is brought to you courtesy of our partners and sponsors:
- aql - provide our meeting space in Salem Chapel
- Conex - provide prizes and pay the bar bill
- First 10 - organise the meetings and speakers and pay for the food.
Once more we'll have some Github Community provided promo codes for Github Micro plans.
Please note the group is intended for developers looking to expand their knowledge in a recruiter free zone only so whilst interest from recruitment consultants is nice we have a no recruiters policy.